This property contains the west half of a 2-story, 4-bay vernacular twin
that appears to be one of four houses on the north side of Birch Avenue
that were relocated here from Baker Street c. 1930. The house’s main
feature is its hipped-roofed door hood. It features a side-gableroof that
is clad with asphalt shingles with wood eaves and features one, interior,
brick chimney located on the north (rear) slope of 187 Birch Avenue’s roof.
The house is clad in stucco. All of the house’s windows are replacements.
The first floor of the south elevation features a hipped-roofed door hood
supported by two wood brackets, one on each side of the hood. The hood is
located over the twin’s central front doors, one of which leads into 183
Birch Avenue (east door) and the other of which leads into 187Birch Avenue
(west door). The porch is accessed by one, center, concrete and brick
staircase with double, iron balustrades. The front doorsare flanked on
their east by one, single, one-over-one, double-hung sash window and on
their west by one, single, one-over-one, double-hung sash window. On the
second floor, there arefour, single, one-over-one, double-hung sash
windows, centered over the windows and doors on the first floor.
There is a two-story, flat-roofed, stuccoed addition to the north (rear)
elevation of this twin. There is an additional one-story, shed-roofed,
stuccoed addition to the north elevation of 183 Birch Avenue.