The property is located on the north side of Birch Avenue near the center of
the block between the intersections with John and Race Streets. Birch Avenue
is a residential street with a tree-lined sidewalk on each side. The property
has a small front lawn off the sidewalk and a paved drive along the west
boundary of the parcel.
This house is a one-story, five-bay,side-gable, ranch house clad in aluminum
siding. It features a three-sided bay window on its west (front) elevation,
south of its front door, and an exterior, stucco-clad chimney on its north
gable. There is tripartite window centered in its south gable.
The house was constructed c. 1950. Historic maps and Sanborn Atlases show a
vacant parcel in this location as late as 1918. [The historic atlas of 1930
does not cover Birch Avenue.] Historic aerials as late as 1947 show a vacant
lot in this location. The house appears on the historic aerial of 1953 and
all subsequent aerials.
LINKS AND ATTACHMENTS
If you have additional information or corrections to the existing information, send an email to email@example.com.
Submitted information is reviewed by the Princeton HPC prior to updating the database.